• 4 Mackerel, cleaned and beheaded – ready for baking.
• 2 Table spoons butter
• ½ Table spoon English Mustard
• 1 Table spoon French Mustard
• 1 Table spoon Tomato Puree
• ¼ Tea spoon Brown Sugar
• 4 Table spoon Fresh Cream
• ¼ Tea spoon Mixed Herbs
• ½ Tea spoon Salt
• Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Place 1 table spoon butter in an oven-proof dish and pop into the oven for a few minutes to melt.
Mix Mustard, Tomato puree, sugar, fresh cream and seasoning. Place fish side by side in the buttered dish, pour over mustard sauce and bake at 180”C for 15-20 minutes, turning fish once during the cooking process.
Garnish with lemon wedges and a little chopped parsley and serve with boiled potatoes tossed in butter.
Serves 4 – 6